The Yuan-ti are descended from humans whose bloodlines have been mingled with those of snakes. Their evil, cunning, and ruthlessness is legendary. Yuan-ti constantly scheme to advance their own dark agendas. They are calculating and suave enough to form alliances with other evil creatures when necessary, but they always put their own interests first. Yuan-ti that can pass for humans with suitable clothing, cosmetics, and magic are known as purebloods. These creatures are usually charged with infiltrating humanoid societies and managing covert operations that require direct contact with humans.
Ability adjustment[edit | edit source]
Racial features[edit | edit source]
Level adjustment: +2. Yuan-ti purebloods are more powerful and gain levels more slowly than other races. It will take more experience for a pureblood to reach level 2 than it would for normal races, for example.
- Bonus Feats: Alertness and Blind-Fight
- Darkvision: A Yuan-ti Pureblood can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Scaled Skin: +1 Unarmored Bonus
- Spell Resistant: 11 + character level
- Spell-Like abilities - Yuan-ti can cast the following spells, each once per day, as a sorcerer of equal Character Level: Animal Trance, Cause Fear, Charm Person, Darkness, and Entangle
Known Bugs[edit | edit source]
Similar to the Half-drow, The male Yuan-ti pureblood's eyes bulge during animations, particularly during conversation, resulting in a very unsettling gameplay experience. This occurs with all head presets and there is no known fix.