Water genasi are patient and slow to change, preferring to wear away opposition slowly, but are capable of great violence in extreme situations. They appear mostly human, with one or two traits reflecting their quasi-elemental nature, such as lightly-scaled skin, clammy flesh, blue-green skin or hair that waves as if underwater.
Ability adjustments[edit | edit source]
Racial features[edit | edit source]
Level adjustment: +1. Genasi are slightly more powerful and gain levels more slowly than other races. It will take more experience for a genasi to reach level 2 than it would for normal races, for example.
- Darkvision (60ft.)
- Resistance to cold 5
- Shrouding Fog: Once per day, a water genasi can call upon his elemental nature to summon a dense fog that provides concealment. This effect lasts 5 rounds.
DnD 3.5 comparison[edit | edit source]
The following features have been excluded/altered:
- Instead of "Shrouding Fog", water genasi can cast Create Water once per day as cast by a 5th-level druid.
- Instead of elemental resistance, they receive +1 racial bonus on saving throws against water spells and effects. This bonus increases by +1 for every five class levels the genasi attains.
- Water genasi breathe water as an extraordinary ability.
- Clerical focus: Water genasi clerics must choose a deity with access to the Water domain and take that domain as one of their choices.