Tumble is the ability to dive, roll, somersault, flip, and so on.
Requires training: Yes
Check: Tumbling past opponents without prompting an attack of opportunity is a check against DC of 15. This makes a character with a modified tumble skill of 14+ immune to attacks of opportunity from moving.
Special: Armor check penalty is applied to this skill; the character also receives +1 bonus to AC for every ten ranks in the skill. This is a dodge bonus to AC; however, it does not count towards the +20 cap on dodge enhancement bonuses.
DnD 3.5 comparison
- You can also use tumble to get through a space occupied by your opponent at a DC of 25.
- You can also use tumble to entertain an audience (as though using the Perform skill).
- If you have 5 or more ranks in Tumble, you gain a +3 dodge bonus to AC when fighting defensively instead of the usual +2 dodge bonus to AC.
- If you have 5 or more ranks in Tumble, you gain a +6 dodge bonus to AC when executing the total defense standard action instead of the usual +4 dodge bonus to AC.
- Tumble in NWN1, provided a +1 AC bonus for every 5 base ranks.