Obsidian has announced the following enhancements:
- Camera placement options.
- More wizards.
- Conversation nodes will be able to pass parameters to scripts.
- Tools will be "modeless", e.g., the builder will be able to have a dialogue window open and change things on the map at the same time.
- Tabbed interface to easily jump between features.
- Trees will be built using SpeedTree.
- Objects (including creatures) can be scaled (larger or smaller) along one (or all) of three axis.
- Support nearly any TrueType font.
- The GUI will be skinnable.
- Color palette are not used, because everything can be modified with 32-bits of color precision; up to 3 different tints can be applied to objects.
- The toolset will have a plugin ability so module creaters can interface their own components.
- Can change and create new palette categories.
Game Developer Conference 2006[edit | edit source]
Erik Novales from Obsidian Entertainment gave a talk on a Case Study in Tools Development for the NWN2 toolset.
Pre-release screenshots[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.