|Spell level :||Innate level: 6, Sorcerer/Wizard: 6, Other: Cleric with Fury domain 6|
|Components :||Verbal and Somatic|
|Duration :||6 sec. * cLevel|
1 Round (cLevel)
|Spell resistance :||No|
Description[edit | edit source]
You become an engine of destruction, gaining a +1 attack bonus for every 2 caster levels, a +4 natural armor bonus to AC, +5 to Fortitude saving throws, and an additional +1d6 Hit Points per caster level. In addition, your Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution are each set to 20 for the duration of the spell.
Notes[edit | edit source]
The NWN2 version of this spell (like the NWN1 version), actually polymorph's the caster into a Tenser's Warrior. This polymoprh replaces the character's Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution ability scores with 20 each as noted above, while leaving the caster's mental abilities as is. However, because of the polymorph effect, none of the character's possessions are accessible nor are they functional. This means that any spell bonuses gained by items will be instantly lost upon the shift in form. While this also has the side-effect of preventing spell casting (as the PnP version of the spell dictates), it also prevents the use of any weapon or armor other than the one that comes as part of the polymorphed form. Unlike the Druid Wild shape effect, item properties are not ported over from worn armor to the Tenser's Warrior form.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The quick-cast menu is still accessible by using the menu icons in of the main interface GUI (not by hot keys). Thus, spellcasting is still possible in this form even though it shouldn't be available. This bug has existed since the original release and is still present as of the 1.06 version of the patch.
- Per patch 1.22.1588 you now gain 100% spell failure when you polymorph, so you are no longer capable of casting spells even though the quick-cast menu is still accessible in abovementioned method.
- Per patch 1.23.1765. You can cast spells from the quickast menu with no Spell Failure.
3.5 Differences[edit | edit source]
You become a virtual fighting machine—stronger, tougher, faster, and more skilled in combat. Your mind-set changes so that you relish combat and you can’t cast spells, even from magic items.
You gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution, a +4 natural armor bonus to AC, a +5 competence bonus on Fortitude saves, and proficiency with all simple and martial weapons. Your base attack bonus equals your character level (which may give you multiple attacks).
You lose your spellcasting ability, including your ability to use spell trigger or spell completion magic items, just as if the spells were no longer on your class list.
Material Component A potion of bull’s strength, which you drink (and whose effects are subsumed by the spell effects).
- Note the difference in the descriptions above.
- In the PnP version, spellcasting from any source is eliminated, but the caster isn't polymorphed.
- In the NWN version, spellcasting is eliminated by means of the polymorph effect.