Halflings are clever, capable, and resourceful survivors. While the lightfoot halflings value the experience of travel and the sight of new lands and peoples, the stronghearts are a more organized, orderly, and industrious race. They are built to last, and fiercely defend their homelands against threats from which their lightfoot kin would simply flee. Strongheart halflings enjoy athletic contests and value exceptional skills of all kinds.
Ability adjustments[edit | edit source]
Racial features[edit | edit source]
Size: Small. As a Small creature, a halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
Favored class: Rogue. A multiclass halfling's rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an XP penalty for multiclassing. Halflings have long had to rely on stealth, wit, and skill, and the vocation of rogue comes naturally to them.
- Skill Affinity (Move Silently): +2 racial bonus on move silently checks.
- Fearless: +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
- Good Aim: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
- Skill Affinity (Listen): +2 racial bonus on listen checks.
- Quick to Master: Strongheart halflings gain an extra feat at 1st level.
Note[edit | edit source]
The +4 size bonus on Hide checks and three-quarters carrying limits for small characters are not shown on the character sheet and are not enforced in game play.
DnD 3.5 comparison[edit | edit source]
- NWN and NWN2 both exclude languages.
- The skills climb and jump are not implemented in NWN2 and therefore the racial +2 bonus to these skills is not included.