|Type: Martial||Weight: 2 pound(s)|
|Dmg Type: Piercing||Size: Medium|
|Critical: 18-20/x2||Damage: 1d6|
The rapier is a light, thrusting sword popular among nobles and swashbucklers. Often associated with dueling and sport fighting, rapiers are nonetheless deadly in trained hands.
- The rapier mold requires 1 metal ingot. For the properties of exotic metals, see the Materials page.
- Only Milil and Valkur have the rapier as a Favored Weapon. Any Favored Soul or Cleric with the War domain following these deities will automatically receive the Martial weapon proficiency feat, regardless of their race.
- This is the only medium sized weapon that benefits from the Precise strike and Weapon Finesse feats. Halflings and gnomes will not get this benefit since they must wield a rapier in both hands, unless they have Monkey Grip.
- Despite being considered a light weapon for the purposes of Weapon Finesse, a rapier is still considered a medium weapon for the purposes of use as an off-hand weapon when dual-wielding, and can thus cause additional attack penalties.
- The rapier does not provide damage bonuses with Power Attack (attack penalties still apply), unless when used by a small-sized character that does not have Monkey Grip.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.