Mithral is a rare silvery, glistening metal that is lighter than iron but just as hard. When worked like steel, it becomes a wonderful material from which to create armor and is occasionally used for other items as well.
Crafting either a weapon or an armor out of mithral adds 10 to its difficulty class.
Mithral Armor Properties[edit | edit source]
All of the following armor benefits are changes to the base item, and do not count as item properties (very important for the purpose of adding enchantments):
- Heavy armors are treated as medium armor.
- Medium armors are treated as light armor.
- Light armors are still treated as light armor.
- Armor weight is reduced by about half (varies).
- Maximum dexterity bonus is increased by 2.
- Armor check penalties are lessened by 3 (to a minimum of 0).
- Spell failure chances are decreased by 10%.
Mithral Shield & Weapon Properties[edit | edit source]
- Shields and Weapons made from mithral weigh 60% as much as normal. This weight reduction counts as an item property.
- Spell failure chances for shields are decreased by 20% (to a minimum of 0%). This decrease counts as an item property.
- Mithral does not affect the size category or proficiency requirements for shields and weapons.
Mithral Armor Base Stats[edit | edit source]
|Armor||Armor type||Armor class||Maximum