|Spell level :||Innate level: 4, Bard: 4, Sorcerer/Wizard: 4|
|Components :||Verbal and Somatic|
|Duration :||6 sec. * cLevel|
1 Round (cLevel)
Description[edit | edit source]
The target creature becomes invisible and impossible to detect using normal vision. After attacking or casting spells the target creature will become partially visible and detectable by enemies, but treated as having 50% concealment.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although not included in the description, this spell will render the target completely silent, as recipients of this spell are impossible to detect with normal Spot or Listen checks
- Contrary to the in-game description, casting non-hostile spells (buffs) will not cause the user to become partially visible
- Darkvision and, by extension, Low-Light vision will not reveal an invisible opponent or object
- This spell may be used to catch an opponent off-guard. If a creature attacks for the first time while under the influence of this spell (i.e. while still completely invisible), the following factors are considered:
- Opponents are considered flat-footed. As such, they will not add their Dexterity bonus to their Armor Class and are susceptible to a rogue’s Sneak Attack and an assassin's Death Attack (for the first flurry of attacks only)
- The attacker benefits from a +2 attack bonus
- The defender may ignore the vulnerabilities in point one if they have Uncanny Dodge
- The defender may ignore the vulnerability in point two of they have Blind Fight
- While under the influence of this spell, recipients receive 50% concealment against enemy attacks, although blind fight allows a second roll on a miss due to concealment
- Invisibility Purge removes both the invisibility and concealment from this spell
- The Assassin version of this spell has a duration of ten rounds per Assassin level instead of one round per caster level like the arcane spell. As such, the Assassin version will not stack with caster levels from other classes
- Single target spells and items cannot be used upon the caster for the duration of the spell, although weapons can
NWN comparison[edit | edit source]
- In NWN this spell lasts for 1 minute per caster level.
External resources[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.