|Spell level :||Innate level: 2, Druid: 2|
|Descriptor(s) :||Weapon Enchantment|
|Components :||Verbal and Somatic|
|Target/Area :||Creature or Melee Weapon|
|Duration :||60 seconds / level|
This spell sets a melee weapon aflame, granting 1d8 points of fire damage. You can target a specific weapon or a creature with this spell.
- Targeting a creature with this spell will only affect its main-hand weapon; however, targeting a weapon itself is possible.
- Though displayed as such, a successful Dispel does not remove the effects of this spell from a weapon.
- Badgers, Bears, Deinonychus, Dragons, and Panthers can be buffed using this spell, though it only affects one of their attacks.
- This spell doesn't function as per the in-game description, the description here is how it truly works.
- Flame Weapon in NWN could be cast by anyone who could cast arcane spells.
- Flame Weapon was not affected by any metamagic feats except extend spell.
- Flame Weapon damage does not scale with caster level in NWN 2, making it much less powerful