You deal halved sneak attack damage against creatures that are normally immune to sneak attacks.
Gameplay notes[edit | edit source]
This feat is very useful for bypassing an opponent's immunity to sneak attacks or critical hits. Opponents immune to critical hits normally ignore extra damage delivered via the feats shown below. However if the attacker also has Epic Precision, damage is as follows:
- Sneak Attack will, as stated above, deliver half damage when used in conjunction with this feat
- Bleeding Wound: will deliver full damage when used in conjunction with this feat
- Death Attack: will deliver full damage when used in conjunction with this feat
- Insightful Strike: will deliver full damage when used in conjunction with this feat. Also, unlike Sneak Attack and Death Attack, Insightful Strike damage is multiplied on critical hits
If damage applied is halved (sneak attacks only), it will be based first on total sneak attack damage rolled then rounded down for fractions, not half each die roll (if more than one d6 is rolled). For example:
- On 1d6 damage, 1 halved (a roll of 1) = 0.5, rounded down to zero
- On 1d6 damage, 5 halved (a roll of 5) = 2.5, rounded down to 2
- On 2d6 damage, 6 halved (a roll of 1 and 5) = 3 (not 2)
- On 2d6 damage, 11 halved (a roll of 6 and 5) = 5.5, rounded down to 5
- On 3d6 damage, 8 halved (a roll of 1, 1 and 6) = 4 (not 3)
- On 3d6 damage, 15 halved (a roll of 5, 5, and 5) = 7.5, rounded down to 7
And so on.
Observations[edit | edit source]
3.5 Rules Comparison[edit | edit source]
- This feat does not exist in D&D 3.5. However 3 spells exist that give the effect on one type of critical immune enemy for a few rounds. Alternate class features that trade a Rogue's trap finding ability for half Sneak Attack die on immune creatures also exist.