- Type of feat
- Dex 13+, Improved unarmed strike
- Required for
- Epic Deflection
A character with this feat automatically deflects the first incoming projectile attack shot at her each round. Your character cannot be holding anything in their hands to deflect arrows.
- Automatic if not caught flat-footed.
- A "projectile attack" is any normal attack performed with a ranged weapon
- Contrary to the above description, this feat functions almost exactly the same as in NWN1; it will work as long as the character has an empty main hand slot or an empty off-hand slot to perform the deflection (e.g. a class-level two unarmed Monk or a class-level nine Duelist wielding only a rapier). Specifically:
- For this feat, the usual definition of a two-handed weapon is ignored. Instead, all ranged and large weapons are treated as occupying both hands, while medium and smaller melee weapons are treated as one-handed (the size of the wielder does not matter)
- More precisely, ranged and large weapons in the main hand are treated as occupying both hands, but this distinction is rarely relevant