The character using this skill can combine raw components to form various trap kits. Creating a trap kit requires a trap kit mold, which can be purchased from many merchants throughout the game, a number of elemental components (see below), and access to a blacksmith's workbench and a Smith Hammer item.
Classes: Barbarian, Monk, Ranger, Rogue; Arcane trickster, Assassin, Blackguard, Divine champion, Eldritch knight, Harper agent, Invisible blade, Pale master, Red dragon disciple, Shadowdancer, Shadow Thief of Amn
Requires training: No
Check: Skill must meet the minimum rank required to craft the type of weapon with its material components.
Special: See notes below
Use: Use the smith's hammer on a crafting station (or applicable device).
Creating traps[edit | edit source]
To create a specific type of trap, you need the appropriate elemental components, as follows:
- Acid Splash Trap: Acid flask
- Acid Blob Trap: Acid flask + Tanglefoot bag
- Electrical Trap: Quartz Crystal
- Fire Trap: Alchemist's fire
- Frost Trap: Coldstone
- Gas Trap: Choking powder
- Holy Trap: Holy water
- Negative Energy Trap: Obsidian
- Sonic Trap: Thunderstone
- Spike Trap: Dagger
- Tangle Trap: Tanglefoot bag
In addition, the power level of the trap is determined by the number of elemental components you use in the crafting of the trap. The power level, in turn, determines the minimum Craft Trap ranks required to create the item.
- Minor Trap: 1 elemental component, 5 ranks
- Average Trap: 3 elemental components, 10 ranks
- Strong Trap: 5 elemental components, 15 ranks
- Deadly Trap: 7 elemental components, 20 ranks