|Spell level :||Innate level: 3, Bard: 3, Sorcerer/Wizard: 4, Other: Cleric with Trickery domain 4, Cleric with Chaos domain 5|
|Components :||Verbal and Somatic|
|Duration :||6 sec. * cLevel|
1 Round (cLevel)
|Save :||Will negates|
|Spell resistance :||Yes|
Affected creatures either wander randomly, attack a random target, or simply stand still.
Affected targets have a 10% chance to walk around aimlessly, a 40% chance to stand still, but 50% chance to attack the nearest creature (which will be probably you or one of your companions). The chance is re-rolled each round (every 6 seconds).
- Due to an error in the script that controls the Confused behaviour, affected targets will attack invisible creatures as well, even if they do not have the See Invisibility/True Seeing effect on them. Just because they are confused, does not mean they can pierce invisibility. To fix, define the target for random attacks as follows (NW_G0_Confuse.nss script):
object oTarget = GetNearestCreature(CREATURE_TYPE_PERCEPTION, PERCEPTION_SEEN, OBJECT_SELF, 1, CREATURE_TYPE_IS_ALIVE, TRUE);
- This spell may fail to work properly depending on the area PvP settings (same problem with Entropic Husk spell) - NPCs in the same faction cannot attack each other in a non-PVP area. This means if you cast this spell on an enemy, they will never attack their former allies, there is absolutely no way to fix this short of changing the PvP setting of the area through the toolset. Since most areas in all 4 official campaigns are non-PVP areas, this spell will never work as intended. However, party members will still be able to attack other party members in most areas, so if this spell is cast on a companion of the player party, they will mostly attack other companions or the player.
- Line 53: This spell doesn't use the NWN2 ApplyMetamagicDurationMods() and ApplyMetamagicDurationTypeMods() functions.