A character's armor protects him in combat and is worn in the Armor slot of your inventory screen. All armor belongs to either light armor, medium armor, heavy armor or clothing. Heavier armor provides more protection, but also weigh more and will trouble arcane spellcasters and characters with a high dexterity score.
Armor properties[edit | edit source]
Arcane spell failure: A chance to fail any arcane spell cast with a somatic component. Ranges from 0% to 40%. Bards and warlocks suffer no arcane spell failure from light armor. Mithral armor has this reduced.
Armor statistics[edit | edit source]
|Armor||Armor Type||Armor class||Maximum dex bonus||Armor check penalty||Arcane spell failure|
|Studded leather armor||Light||3||5||-1||15%|
Other armor pieces[edit | edit source]
Armor Class additions[edit | edit source]
- Armor bonus to AC: from armor, spell or a magical effect is additional AC that is added to the BASE Armor Class of your armor. UN-STACKABLE.
- Shield bonus to AC: from spells and feats; it is additional AC that is added to the BASE Armor Class of your shield. UNSTACKABLE (with some exceptions).
- Natural armor bonus: from amulets, spells & feats UN-STACKABLE
- Deflection bonus: applies against ALL other attacks including touch attacks. UN-STACKABLE
- Dodge Bonus: from boots, spells, feats & songs; it applies against ALL other attacks, including touch attacks, but not while flat footed. STACKABLE (with some exceptions)
- Unarmored armor bonus: is additional AC added by certain persistent feats or combat modes; it applies against ALL other attacks, including touch attacks and while flat footed. STACKABLE.
See also[edit | edit source]
Modding notes[edit | edit source]
- Armor is customizable in NWN2, allowing the mod community to actually build its own custom armor pieces.