Special: Sneak attack +2d6
Class feature progressionEdit
|Hit die: d4|
|Skill points: 4 + Int modifier|
|Class skills: Appraise, Bluff, Concentration, Craft Alchemy, Craft Trap, Craft Weapon, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Hide, Listen, Lore, Move Silently, Open Lock, Parry, Search, Set Trap, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, Spot, Taunt, Tumble|
|Base attack bonus progression: Low|
|Saving throws||high:||Reflex, Will|
|1||+1 arcane spellcasting level, pilfer magic x1|
|2||+1 arcane spellcasting level, sneak attack +1d6|
|3||+1 arcane spellcasting level, impromptu sneak attack x1|
|4||+1 arcane spellcasting level, sneak attack +2d6|
|5||+1 arcane spellcasting level, pilfer magic x2|
|6||+1 arcane spellcasting level, sneak attack +3d6|
|7||+1 arcane spellcasting level, impromptu sneak attack x2|
|8||+1 arcane spellcasting level, sneak attack +4d6|
|9||+1 arcane spellcasting level, pilfer magic x3, impromptu sneak attack x3|
|10||+1 arcane spellcasting level, sneak attack +5d6|
Spells per day / spells knownEdit
When a new arcane trickster level is gained, the character gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as though they had gained a level in whatever arcane spellcasting class gave them access 3rd-level arcane spells. If the character has more than one applicable arcane spellcasting class, they must pick one to improve.
At 1st level, once per day, the arcane trickster can dispel a magical effect on a target and receive statistical bonuses from it. The ability is a touch attack equivalent to lesser dispel magic, that affects the most powerful effect currently on the target. If successful, the effect vanishes from the target and the arcane trickster receives +2 bonus to attack rolls and all saving throws for the next ten rounds. They can use this ability twice per day at 5th level and three times per day at 9th level.
At every even-numbered level (2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, and 10th), the arcane trickster gains an additional +1d6 to their sneak attack damage. This ability stacks with sneak attack dice from other classes.
Impromptu sneak attackEdit
Once per day a 3rd-level arcane trickster can use this ability to deny an enemy their Dexterity bonus to AC for one round, allowing the target to be sneak attacked. The arcane trickster gains an additional daily use of this ability at 7th level, and again at 9th level.
- This class did not exist in NWN (but was included in the fan-made PRC pack).
DnD 3.5 comparisonEdit
- The parry skill was created by NWN and is not a feature of DnD 3.5. It has returned in NWN2 for the same reasons it was in NWN.
- In DnD 3.5, the Arcane Trickster can sneak attack with ranged touch attack damage spells, such as Melf's Acid Arrow. NWN2 doesn't support this feature, but it was added in fan-made PRC pack.
- In DnD 3.5, the Arcane Trisckster recieves Ranged Legerdemain instead of Pilfer Magic. This allows the use of Disable Device, Open Lock, or Sleight of Hand at a 30 foot range at +5 DC.
- Currently, the Assassin's Death Attack does not qualify for this Prestige Class, contrary to the class's description.