Air Genasi see themselves as the inheritors of the sky, the wind and the very air of the world. They appear mostly human, with one or two unusual traits reflecting their quasi-elemental nature, such as a light blue color to their skin or hair, a slight breeze in their presence at all times, or flesh that is cool to the touch.
Ability adjustments[edit | edit source]
Racial features[edit | edit source]
Level adjustment: +1. Genasi are slightly more powerful and gain levels more slowly than other races. It will take more experience for a genasi to reach level 2 than it would for normal races, for example.
- Darkvision (60ft.)
- Resistance to electricity 5
- Summon Gale: Once per day, an air genasi can call upon his elemental nature and summon a powerful blast of wind which can knock over foes who fail a Fortitude save as well as disperse any harmful cloud effects in its path. This effect is similar to the Gust of Wind spell.
DnD 3.5 comparison[edit | edit source]
The following attributes have not been included:
- Breathless: Air genasi do not breathe, so they are immune to drowning, suffocation, and attacks that require inhalation.
- Instead of elemental resistance, they receive +1 racial bonus on saving throws against air spells and effects. This bonus increases by +1 for every five class levels the genasi attains.
- Clerical Focus: Air genasi clerics must choose a deity with access to the Air domain and take that domain as one of their choices.
- Instead of "Summon Gale", Air genasi can cast levitate once per day as a 5th level sorcerer.