The noble scions of the Upper Planes, aasimar are mortals that bear remnants of celestial blood in their veins: planetouched. Much like their celestial ancestors, aasimar tend to be kind, honorable, and proud. They normally live among humans, often becoming heroes and leaders of their communities as they continuously strive to bring justice and prosperity to their mortal kin. Carrying the blood of a celestial, an aasimar typically fights against evil in the world. Some have a minor physical trait suggesting their heritage such as silver hair, golden eyes, or an "unnaturally" intense stare. Those descended from a celestial minion often carry a birthmark in the shape of the deity's holy symbol or some other mark significant to that faith.
Ability adjustment[edit | edit source]
Racial features[edit | edit source]
Level adjustment: +1
- Darkvision: Aasimar can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Celestial Resistance: damage resistance to Acid, Cold and Electricity all of which are 5.
- Skill Affinity (Listen): +2 racial bonus to Listen
- Skill Affinity (Spot): +2 racial to Spot
- Spell-like abilities: 1/day - Light as sorcerer of equal level.
DnD 3.5 comparison[edit | edit source]
- NWN and NWN2 both exclude languages.
- The game does not seem to acknowledge planetouched PCs' status as native outsiders. Consequently they do not receive simple and martial weapon proficiencies for free, and do not receive immunity to spells such as charm person. They will also not be affected by turn undead attempts against outsiders.